Comments that gratuitously attack or demean individuals or organizations are not acceptable. Comments flagged by readers will be reviewed by a moderator. Errors of fact can be reported directly to the Editor via the ‘Report an Error’ tab at the top of each story page.
- Harassing and stalking people or personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. Users who violate this guideline may be banned.
- Show respect for the beliefs of others by treating them as you would want them to treat you.
- Racist, sexist, homophobic and otherwise discriminatory and offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Swearing, name-calling, and otherwise abusive language is unacceptable.
- Be relevant. Comments unrelated to the topic being discussed may be deleted.
- Don’t rush to judgment. Comments that are defamatory or otherwise falsely harmful to the reputation of others are not acceptable. Don't make statements of fact you can't back up in a court of law.
- There is zero tolerance for pornography, sexually explicit content and depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence. We will report child exploitation to the police.
- Inciting anyone to commit a crime may itself be a crime. Don’t do it.
- Refrain from commenting about criminal cases before the courts. Canadian judges have little tolerance for it, as do we.
- Do not infringe anyone's intellectual property, including by posting content you've copied from elsewhere.
- Do not use the comment section to advertise products or services. Buy an ad!
- Do not impersonate others. Do not use the personal information or image of another person without their consent.
- Finally, don’t flag comments just because you disagree with them; flag them because they violate these principles. Users who abuse this privilege may be banned.
CommunityApr 26, 2021
CommunityApr 29, 2021
CommunityApr 27, 2021
NewsApr 28, 2021
Crime1 hour ago
News1 hour ago
News2 hours ago
Crime2 hours ago
News8 hours ago
Sunshine and mild temperatures welcomed Fall For Concession Oct. 1.
News14 hours ago
Faculty and full and part-time support staff at Mohawk College and Ontario’s 23 other community colleges have new collective agreements.
CommunitySep 30, 2022
NewsSep 30, 2022
CommunitySep 30, 2022
CommunitySep 29, 2022
NewsSep 29, 2022
NewsSep 26, 2022
TOP STORIES, delivered to your inbox.