St. Jean de Brebeuf is second overall in combined team scores after the first day of competition at the Golden Horseshoe Athletic Conference track and field meet.
The Braves have a combined score of 121.5, 22.5 points behind Blakelock.
On the boys side, Brebeuf leads the way with 94.5 points, ahead of second-place St. Thomas More with 79. Nelson and Blakelock are in third place with 60 points.
On the girls side, Brebeuf is in 14th place with 27 points. St. Mary’s is the top Hamilton girls team.
Hamilton athletes winning individual events on Wednesday were:
- Molly Giannone, St. Mary’s, midget girls 400m
- Maddy Carrigan, Bishop Tonnos, midget girls javelin
- Savannah Simpson, Bishop Tonnos, senior girls 100m
- Taysia Radoslav, Cardinal Newman, senior girls 400m
- Nicole Vespa, St. Jean de Brebeuf, girls 100m ambulatory
- Michael Chris-Ike, St. Thomas More, midget boys 100m
- Alex Broekhuyse, St. Thomas More, midget boys 1500m
- Stephen Krebs, St. Jean de Brebeuf, midget boys 100m hurdles
- Phillip Busky, St. Mary’s, midget boys long jump
- Daniel Tibay, Bishop Tonnos, midget boys javelin
- David Lacharity, St. Jean de Brebeuf, junior boys 100m hurdles
- Robert Heppenstall, St. Thomas More, senior boys 400m
- Mitchell Phillips, St. Thomas More, senior boys long jump
- Nick Leduc, St. Jean de Brebeuf, boys 100m ambulatory