Even if you don’t have an income, you may still be entitled to benefits or compensation if you are involved in an accident, and Flaherty Sloan Hatfield personal injury lawyers in Hamilton can make sure you receive the help you need.
Loss of income is only one of the devastating effects of being involved in an accident that leaves you incapacitated. You may be responsible for the care of a dependant living with you, or may not be able to maintain your home while you are laid up. You may qualify for some of the following accident benefits:
• Income replacement benefits: You may be eligible for 80 per cent of your net weekly income (to a maximum of $400) for up to two years if you are disabled from your current occupation because of an automobile accident, or up to age 65 if you are not able to return to any occupation.
• Caregiver benefits: If you provide full-time care to one or more dependants, such as a child or elderly parent, caregiver benefits cover up to $250 per week plus an additional $50 per week for each dependant.
• Non-earner benefits: If you are not currently earning an income or caring for dependants, you may still qualify for benefits for up to $185 per week until you can carry out your normal activities.
• Medical and rehabilitation benefits: These are benefits that help ease the extra financial burden of coping with a serious injury, including the cost of drugs, therapy, dental expenses or other ongoing treatments.
• Attendant care and housekeeping benefits: Even simple day-to-day chores can be overwhelming if you become disabled from an accident, but attendant care and housekeeping benefits make it financially possible for you to get the help you need, even if it is from a family member who must give up a job to care for you.
• Death and funeral benefits: Benefits can help make it easier on your loved ones or dependants in the event of death by covering the unexpected funeral costs.
Make sure you are fully compensated for benefits by consulting with the lawyers at Flaherty Sloan Hatfield. Contact their office at 905-522-9994 or email@example.com for a free consultation.