The upbound lanes of the Kenilworth Access will be closed through the Friday morning rush hour, says Hamilton’s Public Works Department.
The lanes are closed while workers clear debris from rockslides Thursday. They will remain closed while Public Works does a complete assessment of the situation, said a spokesperson.
Downbound traffic is not affected.
One unbound lane had been closed earlier in the day as a safety precaution while workers cleared debris, but it was found both lanes needed to be closed in order to complete the work. The closure caused lengthy delays during the Thursday afternoon rush hour as all vehicles were diverted to east leg of the Sherman Access.
Another update will be given tomorrow, the spokesman said.