Despite today’s intense snowfall, all city recreation centres and civic museums remain open, according to a message posted on the city website.
Here’s a rundown of what’s open and closed today
• All city offices are expected to open with normal operating hours.
• Taxi service to Red Hill Family Centre is cancelled.
• Waste collection is going ahead as scheduled today.
•The Dental Health Bus is at the Neighbour 2 Neighbour Centre (28 Athens St.) is closed, as of noon today.
•The Macassa Lodge Adult Day Program is cancelled for the rest of the day, effective immediately.
• Public Health Services is cancelling the following for this evening:
° Prenatal classes at Hillpark and St. David’s school locations
° Incredible Years Parenting Program at Beasley Community Centre
° Two Welcome Baby groups (part of Public Health’s Hamilton Prenatal Nutrition Project) are cancelled for today:
• OEYC West, 1900 Main West (meets 1–3 p.m.)
• Domenic Agostino Riverdale Community Centre, 150 Violet Drive
• All Hamilton Public Library locations will close today at 3 p.m.
The city is implementing the usual snow clearing and de-icing procedures as necessary, beginning with priority 1 roads such as the Lincoln Alexander Expressway, Red Hill Valley Parkway, escarpment crossings, arterial roads and areas of local concern.
Residents are encouraged to park in driveways and stay off the roads where possible in order to assist with snow clearing operations.
For inquiries regarding winter maintenance, call 905-546-CITY (2489) or e-mail: email@example.com.
Residents should wait 24 hours after the snow has stopped falling before calling to inform city staff if a street has not been plowed.