One person was taken to hospital Sunday after a house fire on the central Mountain.
Firefighters responded to a report of a house fire at 53 Cardinal Dr. at about 12:05 p.m. Upon arrival, firefighters found a number of occupants outside of the house.
Because of a language barrier, they were unable to determine if someone was still in the home. Search-and-rescue procedures were immediately initiated and firefighters found two additional occupants, who were escorted to safety.
One occupant was transported to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
The fire was quickly knocked down by firefighters, preventing the spread of fire to the remainder of the home. Fire damage was confined to a first-floor bedroom closet, with some minor smoke damage to the first floor. Damage is estimated at approximately $10,000.
The Fire Marshal’s Office has been called in to determine the exact cause of the fire.