Free tax preparation clinics are being held this month by Hamilton-area chartered professional accountants.
Residents with low incomes can book an appointment to have their taxes prepared professionally prepared at one of the clinics.
To qualify for this free tax return assistance, individuals must have a total household income that is less than $30,000 with dependents or less than $20,000 without dependents.
The clinics are being held:
• Saturdays from 1-4 p.m. until March 22 at St. Andrew's United Church, 479 Upper Paradise Rd. Appointments: Alain Beaudin at 289-237-7252.
• Mondays from 6:30-9 p.m. until March 24 at Dundas Community Services, 2 King St. West, Suite 3A. Appointments: 905-627-5461.
• Tuesdays from 6:30-9 p.m. until March 25 at Hughson Street Baptist Church, 383 Hughson St. North. Appointments: Wendy Collins at 905-523-6611 ext. 3004.
• Tuesdays from 6:30-9 p.m. until March 25 at The Hamilton Dream Center, 627 Main St. East. Appointments: Faith Simms at 905-527-8605
• Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-9 a.m. until March 27 at St. Matthew's House, 414 Barton St. East. To book an appointment, call Diane Downey at 905-523-5546 ext. 230.
• Wednesdays from 6-8 p.m. until March 26 at North End Breezes, 438 Hughson St. North. Appointments: Wendy Collins at 905-523-6611 ext. 3004.