Candle suspected cause of west Mountain house fire
|
Bookmark and Share
Dec 14, 2012  |  Vote 0    0

Candle suspected cause of west Mountain house fire

Hamilton Mountain News

An unattended candle is the suspected cause of a house fire on the west Mountain Thursday night.

Hamilton firefighters responded to a report of a fire in a home located on Briarose Place shortly before 6:30 p.m. Upon arrival, firefighters immediately conducted a search and rescue operation of the home and confirmed that the homes occupants were not on site.

Officials believe an unattended candle left in the living room was the cause of the fire. There were no reported injuries and an estimate of damage was not immediately available.

Fire officials advise if you use candles the holiday season to never leave them unattended; if you leave the room ensure that they are extinguished. Also, keep them out of reach of children and pets.

|
Bookmark and Share

(0) Comment

Join The Conversation Sign Up Login

PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

In Your Neighbourhood Today

SPONSORED CONTENT View More