Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • email
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
pictures for paper
Valentine show heats up arts centre

Great songs, great singers, great comedy and a great band.

That’s the promise of Theatre Ancaster and The All Star Jazz Band as they combine for a special once-a-year concert in their home base at The Old Firehall Arts Centre in downtown Ancaster. Reserved cabaret seating in the intimate licensed performance hall is available by calling 905-304-TUNE

On The Sunny Side of the Street and Etta James’ famous signature tune At Last will be handled by the incomparable Chantal Barrow. Tracy Cain, who sang the lead to rave reviews in Theatre Ancaster’s production of Elton John’s Aida, also performs.

Ruth LeRoy will be in fine sultry vocal form, and Tammy Johnson will thrill audience members with the marimba rhythms of Sway and the classic Take My Breath Away. Stacey Bishop will sing about When I Fall in Love and take the audience back to that 1937 Gershwin classic You Can’t Take That Away from Me.

Lindsay Croxall is back from her work with Ross Petty in Snow White in Toronto, and resident jazz band vocalist Candace Walkes will be on hand with her personal timeless favourites. They will all heat up the evening with cool jazz standards performed by Russ Weil and The All Star Jazz Band.

Al Croxall will team up with Jim Broadley to present some new-found radio memories of Jimmy Durante and Frank Sinatra, with a brief salute to George Burns as well. Broadley will highlight the great Cole porter favourite made famous by Sinatra…I’ve Got You Under My Skin…with the big band.

Roger Girard will also be along with a funky, upbeat Latin treatment of I’m in the Mood For Love, and Andy Blackwood will guest star as well. Gord Conroy will add a mellow ballad or two, and probably take audience members at least part of the way on our Sentimental Journey.

Tickets are $20. Show time is 8 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 9 at The Old Firehall Arts Centre, 334 Wilson St. E.

Comments are closed.

HomeFinder.caWheels.caOurFaves.caLocalWork.caGottaRent.ca