• Print
  • email
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
BeyondtheValleyEric RanveaWEB
Go beyond the valley and into artists’ studios

By Debra Downey, Senior Editor

Find the perfect gift for someone special or just plan on spoiling yourself during the Beyond the Valley Studio Tour.

The popular spring event takes place May 24 and 25  from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at seven local studios that will feature everything from blown and formed glass, a full range of pottery, ceramics and dramatic jewelry, to paintings, mosaics and sculptures.

The Beyond The Valley Studio Tour began in the spring of 1982 and is the second oldest continuing studio tour in the province; the oldest with both a spring and fall tour.

Eric Ranveau, a native of France, will join the tour for the first time.

“I’m a professional artist and work by myself in my studio,” said Ranveau. “The studio tour is a great opportunity to meet  new artists and share ideas, meet the public and have more exposure.”

Ranveau was born  near the wine district of Cognac, France. At the age of three, he was already painting and drawing. Ranveau studied and graduated in fine arts in Angouleme and at the National Art School of Paris. He also has a background in graphic design.

Ranveau said he tried many different supports and techniques, like wood, metal, oil and plastic, before finally choosing the acrylic medium on canvas.

Ranveau describes his work as spontaneous, not calculated, and said he draws on both his graphic design skills and years of studies in fine art to create one-of-a-kind works of art.

Ranveau will exhibit his art at the studio of Stephanie King, 67 Creighton Rd., Dundas. Other artists opening their studios are Terry Osbourne, Healther Vollans, Scott Barnim, Richard Fisher, Paull Rodrigue and Pavlo Pottery.

For more information on the tour, visit www.beyondthevalley.ca.

Comments are closed.

HomeFinder.caWheels.caOurFaves.caLocalWork.caGottaRent.ca